Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Thursday 15 September 2011

Camp-ites

Right now, I am at Camp Mini-Yo-We, working on Fall staff for our Outdoor Centre.  It is cool, and by cool I mean, the temperature is 8degreesC right now with mini gale-force winds.  Try teaching a class of 13 year olds how to kayak in that weather!  Shoot me now. 

For those of you wondering, but haven't said anything, I am having a good time, filled with great food and people.  (Do those two go together in that sentence?)  All of the people here with the exception of 2 are MYWites: Olivia is total new to the camp scene, but needed a place to go after highschool, and Matt is an ex-Pioneer staff member who is my boss's assistant.  We kid Matt because usually, you are a (enter camp name here)-ite for life, so Matt is an exception to this rule.

So far, it apparently has been good times for all, because we can still stand each other.  The other night we were all sitting in our common-room, talking, but all clicking away on our respective tech equipment, with the usual interjection of who showed what on Facebook, or who was stupid on Twitter.  7 seconds later, we were busting a gut laughing because one of the girls helpfully pointed out that in 2015, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are going to merge to form YouTwitFace. 

Going back to the coolness of the weather, through no choice of our own, we were each planted in a group that did the activity block rounds.  Kayaking and canoeing were two interesting blocks.  I fished 5 kayakers out of the water, and no canoes.  Yes!!  I came back from each 1.5 block with no feeling in my hands.  On of the guys noticed that my lips had changed a colourful hue of purple.

-Sarah
I always was colourful! 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are having fun! Please come home with all fingers and toes! Remain colourful! - k

    ReplyDelete