Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Monday 23 May 2011

Say what?

Have you ever felt like you've been there before? Done that before? Felt that before? It's that feeling that we all know, de javu. Say what? Oh yeah, been there before.

At church (this has nothing to do with de javu), we sang a hymn, you might know it, "His Eye is On the Sparrow". I have a CD from a friend, "The Hymn Project", by Jon Buller, in which he sings this song. I love it, I sing to it all the time. This was not the same song that we sang in church........

Somehow, the whole church managed to sing a bar or two behind the organ. I mean, usually, there are one or two people to set the pace, and keep those loud ones in check, but this time, oh, I can't even describe it. It was disastrous. The minister gave a very loud eye roll at the end of the hymn.

So, why did this happen? Afterwards, my mother asked the organist for the music, and we found out that it was in 6/8 time, which didn't quite match up with the 3/4 time that we had just sung. I mean, really! At least make it easy for us to sing!

My dad's line was, "Well, you know, divide by the least common denominator.".

Wow!

-Sarah
Vuja de, like you've never felt before.

No comments:

Post a Comment