Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Sunday 29 May 2011

When the snow's away, the cars will play.

I have always wanted to drive a really nice car, preferably a nice, old car.

Through the grape-vine, I know that a friend of mine has multiple vehicles, even though there is just him, right now. As I count right now, he has 3 vehicles and a motorcycle. I know his Ford pick-up, Jeep and motorcycle quite well, but I didn't know quite so much about the '78 Corvette. Yeah. 25th Anniversary plaque, two-tone paint job and everything.

So, he pulls up today in his '78 Corvette, and my dad says jokingly, "I'll trade you vehicles," and our friend gets out of the Corvette, and walks over to us and gives my dad the keys. So my dad took my sister out for a spin, because it's a two-seater I stayed behind. After, we met up with my dad and sister, and we all did the 360 oogle of the car. My dad suggested that I get taken out for a spin, and my friend turns to me, and says, "You drive!". So, I get in. The most glorious feeling I have yet felt in my life.

It drives nice and tight to the ground, even with wet pavement. 40km around a corner is nothing. It is really easy to go faster than you think you're going. I easily went 80km in a 60km zone, I am lucky it was 7:30am, so the roads were quite empty (of police). My approx. speed through the whole thing was 90km, the 2nd most glorious feeling in my life. Now I'm wondering what the 3rd will be. It will have to top these two!

So, my adventures in a '78 Corvette. Glorious! I was told after getting out, that I have one-upped most men, my age, and older. I believe that.

-Sarah
A disease for speed

No comments:

Post a Comment