Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Thursday 14 April 2011

Cats and Their Simple Amusements

So here I am, sitting in front of my computer, supposed to be working.  But you know how it is, one thing leads to another, and all of a sudden, you are amused in a very simple pleasure.  For some people, it is watching embarassing movies on YouTube, for others, it is texting a friend.  For me, it is none other than watching my cats.  But what they are doing is the funny part. 

One of my cats started it by jumping up beside me and starting to flirt with me.  (If you tell me you have never had a cat flirt with you, you are a breed in itself.)  Finding me not very inviting, he turned his attention to my key-board, which was balanced across my lap.  As he was busily flirting away with this piece of unfeeling plastic, which apparently was giving him at least some satisfaction, he bumped the eject button on the keyboard.  The disc drawer of my computer tower popped out.  And my cat froze.  Then he jumped down and raced away to call the army. 

He crept around the other side of the table, and stealthily arrived on the other side of the tower.  He then settled himself down to both wait for the army, and to make sure the enemy wouldn't show it's face again.  That's when I pressed the eject button again, to see what would happen.  That's also when he jumped a foot in the air, and his hair stood on end.  He then decided to look very reproachfully at the drawer, and sniffed at it.  I pushed the button again.  This time, he really freaked out.  As if he hadn't before!

Then the army arrived, in the form of his fellow feline-in-crime, the Yellow Devil.  That's not his real name, it just sounded cooler than his real name, which is Felix.  See?  Yellow Devil sounds way cooler.  Anyways, back to the story.

They both settled down to wait, but they didn't need to wait long, for the drawer popped out again (yes, it was me), and this time Felix jumped, and Leonard (the 1st cat) looked reproachfully at him

After a few tries at scaring it (unsuccessful), they stalked away, only to come creeping back, the excitement had grown.  They engaged it in aerial combat, and foot work.  The drawer won every time.  Then Leonard got ahead of himself, and chased it back in side.  It bit his paw.  So he tried again, same thing happened.  Again, again and again it happened, then I lost interest.  So that was that.  In vain did they taunt the drawer in the computer tower, never once did it show it's face again.  It had disappeared while it was winning.

It was fun while it was still funny.   Actually, it was funny all along, I was just afraid Leonard was going to rip the drawer out, rollers and all.


-Sarah
Be kind, rewind.

No comments:

Post a Comment