Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Friday 1 April 2011

The Deadliest Substance We Know

Hi everyone,

Today, I am here to tell you about the deadliest substance that is known to us.  It is known as Dihydrogen Monoxide (DIMO), Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid.  I was recently introduced to it, as a result and byproduct of my new job, and I was rightly terrified.  This substance is everywhere!!  I can't believe how long I walked around blind, not knowing that such a deadly substance was so within my reach!

Dihydrogen Monoxide is even found even on the food we eat!  Even when you wash a piece of, say fruit for example, to decontaminate it of DIMO, traces of Dihydrogen Monoxide can still be found in strong concentrations on that piece!

This substance has also been given to vicious dogs before an attack, and has been found in criminal's body systems after even shooting attacks!  I don't know which is more dangerous!  Arsenic or DIMO! 

Some other uses include:  Used in the U.S. Navy in the propulsion system of their fleet, in fire-suppressants and retardants, and most shockingly, in swimming pools!  Even daycare systems use it supposedly for sanitary uses.  I think this is disgraceful!  Subjecting the next generation to this harmful substance which can, among other causes: cause major tissue damage, if exposure is prolonged, cause severe burns, cause death even at small exposures, and any number of unpleasant side-effects, which our children, and even us, should not have to endure.

It has also been found in streams, rivers, oceans and lakes.  It is a major contaminant in everything.

I think we should consider harder the effects this substance can cause, and raise some public awareness. 

Here are a few sites that I have included, so you can read up, and tell me what your mindset of this disgusting problem is:
Ban Hydrogen Monoxide
Dihydrogen Monoxide Warning
DIMO

Leave some comments, and maybe we can fight this together!!

-Sarah
Saving the world, one problem at a time

1 comment:

  1. My comment isn't related to the toxin... sorry :)
    I was wondering who knit the hat that you are wearing in your masthead photograph.

    Love, Julia

    ReplyDelete