Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Saturday 21 January 2012

The Help

Last weekend I watched a movie call "The Help". Maybe you've heard of it, maybe you haven't. It looks like a chick-flick, but it isn't. All the characters, with the exception of 3 are female (and the cast is pretty large), but it isn't a chick-flick, whatever anyone tells you. For anyone who hasn't seen it, without giving away any integral detail, the movie is about racial prejudice in the south during about the 1950's, and a woman who writes a book about how the black help (servants) in the white houses are treated.

The movie is emotional (I cried), funny (I laughed) and thought provoking (I thought about it afterwards). For me, my thought was, is this how we treat other people, either intentional or not intentional?

There is language, which might be considered offensive by some, but I thought it all added to the humor.

All in all, it was a very interesting movie, and I'm glad I watched it. It was a toss-up between "Green Lantern" and "The Help". I did watch "Green Lantern" before "The Help", because "GL" was my first choice, but I was highly, highly, highly disappointed by it. I thought they probably spent more money on special effects than they did on the script and and the acting coaches.

-Sarah
Unscrupulous criticism given at no expense (to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment