Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Monday 20 February 2012

My Current Boyfriend's Name is Leonard

I have a lovely cat. That no one likes.

He is a beautiful cat, sleek black fur, no other colour than black in his coat, with gorgeous green eyes, and the daintiest paws. With the sharpest claws. He's horrible!



Unfortunately, he loves to use his claws, on other people's things. Luckily, he has never sharpened his claws on anything of mine, and if he has, it wasn't important, because I don't remember.

My sister has quite the aversion to this cat, Leonard, because since he came into this house, he has discovered both, in this particular order, that she does not like him, and which scratching post is the best (the leg of her bed).

He is not all malice though, he loves my Mum and Dad, especially since their bed is is comfier than mine, and to mix things up, if it isn't the bed, it is the back of the TV.

As I said before, he loves to use his claws, which was great until we found a blueprint for a site from my Dad's new job in shreds on the floor. And I mean shreds. Needless to say, he lost a life.

I was totally fine with all this (as fine as one can be under the circumstances), and totally repentant. I know it sounds weird that a animal's owner should be repentant of their pet's sins, but in our family, that's how it works. It is sort of a team effort.

Next, it was my Mum's knitting magazine. Colorful confetti lay strewn on the floor, adding to the gaiety that Leonard felt was needed to spice things up a bit. I am beginning to think he loves the sounds (maybe not of ripping paper, but of screaming humans?)

After the knitting magazine, there was a lull, where my father insisted that all the cat's claws be cut, or made blunt.



Like that was going to help!

Just recently, I got music from the Richmond Hill Philharmonic Orchestra as audition music for my entrance. Lovely gothic pieces, infused with 12-note tied notes, and shifting up to 8th position. I practiced them diligently until Leonard shredded the 2nd page for fun. I mean, if he was going to give me all that pain, he at least could have had a purpose.

He is down to 4 lives by now.  Or maybe it is less by now, it's kind of hard to keep track.

-Sarah
 Catwoman

No comments:

Post a Comment