Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Tuesday 14 February 2012

St. Valentines Day

There are two sides to Valentines day.

1. You are either married, or one side of a couple, and wax poetical about, "Every day should be Valentines Day between me and my (insert one)."

2. Or, you are single, and end up finishing up all the chocolates and candies your in-a-relationship friends give you because "I couldn't possibly finish all of them", or "I refuse to take part in something that I can celebrate everyday with my (insert one)".

In regards to the the last point, why do they think you can finish all their chocolates and candy if they can't? Do they believe that because you are single, and they aren't, you are more lenient towards your girth measurement after Valentines Day?

That only works if they are the only ones handing their chocolates and candies off to you after the big day. Unfortunately, there are typically more couples than singles.

But, if you are single, there is an advantage. You get your friends second-hand chocolates free, whereas you could have spent money for new chocolate tomorrow. Who wants to do that?

I can see the placards in the grocery stores on Feb. 15th, "Support orphaned chocolate! Buy us!".

What do you do on Feb. 14?  Tonight, I will go to work. None of this schmaltzy "buy myself a bouquet of roses and have a friend drop them off and ring the door bell or give myself a candle-lit bath strewn with rosebuds".

Right now, in my current state, I don't have to dress up for a long night out, smile the whole night, or entertain. I just have to earn money.

Fair trade? I think so, for now.

Happy Valentines Day!

-Sarah
P.S. If it's for lovers, why the heck is it during the winter????

No comments:

Post a Comment