Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Monday 7 March 2011

Death

Ever thought of how you'll die?  I have.  After all those movies, I think I would like to die rather quickly.  But then there's this old saying, "No pain, no gain."  Jeremy Clarkson once said, "I'd like to arrive at the Pearly Gates at 120mph.  Backwards.  On fire, with a martini in my hand."  That about sums it up.  Or the other quote that I can't remember who said, but I like it all the same:  "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not kicking and screaming like everyone else in the car."  Yes?  Sounds pretty do-able.   
Now here's another brainer.  Have you ever thought of how someone else died?  But, while you are thinking that, have you ever thought about how you could die exactly like them?  I'll bet you did.

Here's food for thought:  In 2006, more people were killed by rampant lawnmowers than terrorists.  Now, be it that only 2 people were killed by lawnmowers and no people were killed by terrorists, it's still a very disturbing fact.  I would really like to know what these people were doing, when they were killed by a time-saving machine.  Wow!  Way to back-stab your master!

However, serious death, was a bit more numerous.  In 2006 also, 67,807 Canadians were dead by cancer, heart disease took 49,893 Canadians and suicide 3,512.  So real death, or whatever you call it, is busier than the death that killed those 2 unfortunate people.

I personally would like to die in preferably something like a car accident, where you are instantly dead.  I was once told that drowning was a relatively painless way to die.  Needless to say, this was from someone who had not experienced it themselves.  A friend that nearly drowned said it was the most frightening experience he had ever had, and that it is a horrible way to die.  Drowning is really just suffocation. 

I know, I know, very vulgar to talk about yourself dying so flippantly, but hey!  Where's the fun in life if you don't go against some of the rules?

-Sarah
No pain, no gain

No comments:

Post a Comment