Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Friday 4 March 2011

Knitting

Hey,

Now for a post long overdue, on (drumroll please!)......  knitting!  You guys reading might not find this interesting, but stick around girls! 

Part of what keeps me crafting is Ravelry.  It is a social networking site for knitters and crocheters.  How cool is that?!?!  And kind of sad, in a way.  But still much cooler!  You can find patterns for specific yarns, find out what other knitters/crocheters used for a pattern, chat with them, add your projects, etc.  It is totally groovy!  (I've wanted to use that word for ages!)

One of my major projects right now is a sweater.  Yep, you would think it's quite large, but it's not.  It's a Aran sweater, so it's white with lots of cables.  Here is a picture of it so far.  I've only gotten about 10inches up that back panel, so I am not close to finishing it soon. 


I am looking forward to showing it off, once it's finished.  Notice the intricacy of those cables?  And the perfect alignment of those popcorn bumps?  They say, "Made with love, by Sarah", or something mushy like that, I haven't quite decided.

Colour-work!  Here is a Fair Isle Tam that I made a few years ago, very "Pow!" if you know what I mean.  It turned out a little bit big, but I wear it once in a while. 


This is a cheaper (not wool) and easier project than the rest.  Needless to say, I am a Harry Potter fan.  And also needless to say, I am a Gryffindor fan.  If I wasn't the classic sentimental, these would be my wedding colours!  Buyers beware! 


I have many other projects so far, one of them being a self-invented wrist-warmer pattern.  They aren't quite finished, but will be soon. 

If you are still reading this, good for you.  If you aren't, I'll catch you yet.  : )

Thanks!

-Sarah
Yarnaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment