Sunglasses

Sunglasses
Pretty Cool Glasses!

Thursday 17 March 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Although my life is not as unfortunate as the Baudelaire kids, it's pretty close. 

OK, not that close, actually pretty far away. 

This morning, as I was working in a cupboard on the 2nd shelf, a most unfortunate event took place.  I turned my back for a minute to do something, and I heard a sound like running water.  I swung around, in time to see a box of beads avalanche out of the 1st shelf.  You know when water flows out of a statue or a hose it nicely curves down gracefully?  That is exactly how it looked.  The box hit the floor and the beads all bounced up in one accord, and skittered away over the floor in the same accord.  Remember, this was all in slow motion. 

You would never believe how far a 7"x11" box of beads skitters away.  Or how many seed beads are in a 7" x 11" box.  The answer is:  Too frick'n many.  Oh it was awful!  6 hours later, they were all picked up.  Half the morning and half the afternoon, gone. 

Then (to make a series of unfortunate events, there has to be more than one event), as I was walking my dog, he decided to play the plow he is after his washroom break, and started to dig with his back feet, spraying wet sand, mud, and water all over my neon yellow vest and clean jeans.  Mud everywhere.  It was gross.

I guess my life isn't so bad, it just feels like it at the time.

-Sarah
A life that is worth a telling

No comments:

Post a Comment